Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Easter! (as far as Russia is concerned)



Hey! We had a good Easter this week, and we'll find out transfers this week but my guess is that I'll be staying in Selmash for a little while, due to some new updates. Yesterday, Elder Williams, a senior couple missionary from the office in Rostov who's an awesome guy was set apart as the new Branch President for our ward, and I'm the second counselor. I'm serving along with a first counselor named Yuri, a nice guy in our branch who's Russian though so he doesn't really speak any English, so I have my work cut out for me and we are on a blitzkrieg mission here to turn things around in our branch here as quickly as we can with making sure that the right steps are taken so we don't rush anything, but I gotta be honest, it's pretty intimidating but I know that with the Lord's help I can do it, I know he issues calls that we can fulfill if we just rely on him for strength. Other than that we are indefinitely putting-off Pavel's baptism until some things can be figured out, and this week we'll be meeting with Vera and Maxsim and trying to make things happen for them, and contacting some people we have been teaching on the street from this past week, so hopefully some cool stuff will come out of all of it. We have a youth baptism in the next couple weeks too who technically counts as a convert baptism due to some odd circumstances but nevertheless he is an 8 year old, and we'll be watching conference, the general sessions I mean this Saturday and Sunday, so I'll let you know how it goes but I haven't seen any of it yet. I love you guys, thanks for everything you do for me and all of your support, have a great week and be safe! The Church is true! Until next Monday,

-Elder Skene

No comments:

Post a Comment