Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 11, 2011

To My Family,
Hey, I read all of your letters and all is well here at the MTC!  I love you all so much and I can honestly say that it made me tear up a little to read what you each wrote me, but I'm so glad that I have your support.

There is very little free time here, and I don't get to write very often, but when I do, I'm happy to let you guys know what is happening.  A little about my schedule, I wake up at 6:30 at the latest each morning, and to to bed at 10:30 at night at the earliest.  We are constantly kept doing something.  When I got here, my companion never showed up, and he still hasn't, so I'm now officially paired up with the other two Elders in my room, they are my companions.

They are both pretty nice, and sometimes funny, but serious when they need to be, which is good.  The first one is Elder Isabell from Mesa, Arizona, and the other one is Elder Sandoval from Charleston, South Carolina.  Elder Isabell is our District leader and he is 22, he has been here before but had to leave to have back surgery.  The other two Elders in my District are Elder O'Neill from the Oakland Bay are in California and Elder Wimber from Atlanta, Georgia.  They are both going to a different area in Russia, and my two companions are going to Rostov with me.

I saw Elder Clark Pathakis and Elder Brian Christenson, but I have yet to see Elder Luke Crossman.  I also saw Elder Gavin Chatterly and a few other kids from Alta.  I miss a lot about high school and being at home, but it's all good, the Spirit is here.

The Russian is coming along pretty well I guess, but it is very difficult, and I hear it all the time, as our teachers don't speak English to us, so we hear Russian non-stop for a good chunk of the day.  We have gym time here, and I really like playing basketball a lot more now.  Well, I'll stay in touch as much as I can, and I haven't gotten to check my mail yet.  Stay safe and give everyone my love, make smart decisions and the right choices, trust in the Lord, the Church is true!

Love,
Elder Skene

No comments:

Post a Comment