Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 16, 2011 First p-day email from MTC

Okay so this computer is terrible, so I'm not even sure that these ASCII characters are even appearing correctly, (ASCII is the keyboard character assignment language for all the English characters on computers, among other languages, but it could be UNICODE, but enough of that haha). Anyway, please make sure that you copy and paste all of my email and handwritten letters in their entirety into the blog, and put the link on facebook, even this sentence or any stupid questions haha, I wanna remember what I said, and make sure to give it a title. Oh by the way Dear Elder letters have to be submitted before 12 in the afternoon to actually get to me that day, and I can only write back on P-Days which is obviously Wednesday.

Okay, so a little bit about my schedule, to put it briefly, like I said earlier, I get up at generally between 5:45am and 6:30am depending on the day and then go to bed at 10:30pm, then we generally have class and study time for 4 or 5 hours, and then lunch and then 5 or 6 hours of class and study time. To be honest, I hear probably more Russian in a day than I hear English, no kidding. I hear only Russian at least 7 hours a day on every day but Sunday and today, which is P-Day. This is a lot of work, It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do for sure. The spirit is here though, and it's an awesome place to be and I've had a lot of fun so far despite how hard it's been. It's easy to receive personal revelation here if you trust in the Lord, and you definitely will need his help to get through it all. I'm progressing quickly though in the Gospel and the Language so it's pretty cool.
 
I'm not totally sure what to say as far as specifics go, did I mention that we have 3 sisters in our district too? That makes only 8 of us. I also don't have much time to write these emails, so I'll do what I can, plus these other Elders have been talking really loud behind me and it is kinda distracting, but it's not like I can delete the email. Most people are pretty nice here, and then you have some of those people who aren't so nice, but they aren't super common to run into. Although, the rules hear are very strict, I mean we barely get any free time at all, It's difficult to even find a minute to think about things usually. It's also very easy to offend some people here, most are like normal and will take a joke and are fun to be around, but you really have to watch what you say, and there seems to be an aura of "I'm spiritually better than you", but thankfully those people aren't very common. I can think of 2 people that are like that in my district, but I'm not going to name any names, and who knows, maybe they are doing better than the rest of us who like to take advantage of the little free time we get, I can't say.
 
It's awesome to be here for the most part and I love you all and please keep the food, candy, and letters coming! Thanks!
 
Love,
Elder Travis Paul Skene

No comments:

Post a Comment