Monday, January 7, 2013

Borsch!

Hey! So this week was good, we met with members, taught lessons, had other meetings, and had a decent new years for only being able to sit home most of the day haha. There are two members here that are awesome, if I could I would tell you their names but I can't on the blog due to the new rules, we met with them for a lesson with a non-member, and they met with us again and made Borsh and Pirozjki in the branch, it was of course a good time, I'll have to make you guys some stuff when I get back. We had a branch Christmas party this week where we had like a dozen non-members show up so it was pretty good. I tried some pickled watermelon and drank a glass of a freshly squeezed tomato, I'm not a huge fan but the watermelon was alright haha. I don't have a lot of time this week to email, I have to spend some time looking at the college stuff but I'll see what I can do, so I'll have to keep this shorter.

The webcam is as far as I can tell on the main street in center Rostov where their will generally always be a lot of people between like lunchtime to like 3 or 4 in the morning, as we write, we are actually probably like 100 yards away from the web cam from the looks of it. The snow is melted or cleared away there but where we will there is a bunch of Ice and slush everywhere, they don't clean that and everything is way dirty, after living in Russia for soon to be a year here I'm starting to realize more and mroe about the meaning of the Lorax and some other novels about taking care of your enviroment, back home is so much cleaner, nicer built, and so much more in order and people don't litter EVERYWHERE like they do here, I have seriously tried to see if I can look in any direction when we are contacting and see if I can't see any trash on the ground or cigarette butts, I nearly always fail, even in the woods.
New Years was cool, just tons of fire works and drunk people, they have parties here and the fireworks are huge and everywhere, I made sure to take some videos so I can show you when I get back or send them on a flash if it works out.

Haha well that's about it for this week, thanks for everything you guys do for me and all the support and the presents and everything, I love you guys, have a great week and stay safe!

-Elder Skene

No comments:

Post a Comment